> Home > City Services > Auburn Police Department > Police Services

Police Services


The Auburn Police Department offers fingerprinting services by appointment only on Wednesdays between 8:00 and 11:00 AM and again between 3:00 and 4:45 PM. Please call 253-931-3080 to schedule your appointment. A fingerprinting card will not be provided by the Auburn Police Department but is usually given to you by the company requesting the printing. Each card that is processed at the Auburn Police Department costs $15.00 (cash or check only).

Concealed Pistol License

Those wanting to apply for a Concealed Pistol License (CPL) can do so at the Auburn Police Department. Please make an appointment by calling 253-931-3080. Appointments are available on Wednesdays between 8:00 and 11:00 AM and again between 3:00 and 4:45 PM. Each application costs $48.00 (cash or check only). Download the Concealed Pistol License Application (PDF).

Renewal and replacement CPLs can be obtained at the Auburn Police Department Monday through Friday between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM. CPLs can be renewed 90 days before or after expiration.

Firearm Dealer Licensing

Those interested in obtaining a Firearm Dealer License will need to make an appointment with the Auburn Police Department Records Division. Appointments may be made by calling 253-931-3080 and are available on Wednesdays between 8:00 and 11:00 AM and again from 3:00 and 4:45 PM. In order to apply the following items will be needed:

  • Firearm Dealer License Application (provided by Auburn PD)
  • Fingerprints of applicant (taken at Auburn PD)
  • Valid Washington State Driver’s License
  • Valid Federal Firearm License
  • Valid Washington State Business License
  • Valid City of Auburn Business License
  • Check made out to the City of Auburn for $125

Register Alarm (Residential or Business)

Everyone with an alarm system inside the Auburn city limits is required to register their alarm system, whether it's for residential or business use. The City Ordinance requires alarm companies to register their clients with CryWolf, which is the Auburn False Alarm Reduction Program. Please have your alarm company contact CryWolf to register your alarm by calling 877-243-9983 Monday - Friday, 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM or visit the Auburn CryWolf Websitelinks to external site.

False Alarm Reduction Program - Law Enforcement personnel respond to thousands of false alarm calls yearly. These unnecessary responses result in an enormous burden in manpower and expense; which in turn reduces the time available to respond to real emergencies.

Protection Orders

WARNING: Obtaining a protection order can increase the lethality of your situation! It is advised that you please contact a Domestic Violence Advocate for safety planning prior to obtaining the order.

There are four different types of protection orders, click below to view information about each type:

Download, print or view Washington State Domestic Violence Forms

Go to the Domestic Violence page

Order for Protection

To start the process for a protection order:

  1. If you believe you can safely go to the Auburn Justice Center (King County District Court), 340 East Main Street, see the court clerk for the protection order forms. (Download, print or view Washington State Domestic Violence Forms)
  2. If you are unable to safely go to the courthouse, please contact the Protection Order Advocacy Program at 206-205-7406.
  3. View the following pages for detailed information on Domestic Violence.

Cost to Petitioner
No filing or service fees.

Nature of Proceeding
Civil, under RCW 26.50

Who may obtain an order?
A person who fears violence from a "family or household member (RCW 26.50.110)", or who has been the victim of physical harm or fears imminent physical harm, or stalking from a "family or household member", (includes dating relationships). Minors under age of 16 with parent or guardian.

How do I obtain an order?
You can file for a temporary order for protection at the Auburn Justice Center (King County District Court) if no children are involved, 340 East Main St.
If children are involved, contact the Protection Order Advocacy Program at the Regional Justice Center in Kent, 401 Fourth Ave N, Room 2B, 206-205-7406, where advocates are available to help.

What does the order provide?

  • Restrain a respondent from committing acts of domestic violence
  • Exclude a respondent from petitioner's residence shared by petitioner and respondent
  • Prohibit respondent from harassment and/or contacting the petitioner (on the street, by mail, by telephone, at school, at work)
  • Award temporary custody of minor children to one parent, establish temporary visitation and restrain one parent from interfering with custody
  • Order respondent to participate in treatment or counseling
  • Prohibit respondent from removing the children from the jurisdiction of the court
  • Order respondent to pay for the costs incurred in obtaining the order

What will happen in the protection order process?
You will fill out the forms and ask (petition) the court for a Temporary Order for Protection. The process of obtaining a Temporary Order may take a few hours, you will be asked to describe, in writing, the most recent incident and/or threat of domestic violence and a history of domestic violence. You will need to know the respondent's address and birth date. A judge or commissioner will review your paperwork, they may ask you some questions, and decide whether to grant or deny the Temporary Order for Protection.

A hearing will be held in approximately two weeks for the Full Order for Protection, at which time the court will grant or deny a Full Order for Protection effective for one year or more. During these two weeks the respondent is served with both the Petition and the Temporary Order with notice of the date set for the hearing.

How does the respondent receive notice?
You can take paperwork to the Auburn Police department and they will attempt to serve the respondent. Notice can also be served by private investigator or process server.

What happens if the Order for Protection is violated?
It is your responsibility to enforce your order for protection. If the respondent violates the order, call 911 immediately, declare you are reporting a Protection Order violation, give the dispatcher your name and birth date, and the respondent's name and birth date. They can locate the order and send an officer to your location. If the respondent has been served with the order and knowingly violates it, they may be immediately arrested or issued a citation. An assault or reckless endangerment in violation of an Order for Protection is considered a felony.

Back to top

No Contact Order

Nature of proceeding
Criminal, in context of pending criminal action.

Who may obtain an order
Any Victim of a Domestic Violence related crime that has been reported to the police. Criminal charges must be pending. Judge must consider issuance pending release of defendant from jail, at time of arraignment, or at sentencing.

District, Municipal, or Superior Court.

Cost to petitioner

How does the respondent receive notice
Verbal and written notice given at bail hearing, arraignment, or sentencing.

Respondent Consequences if order is knowingly violated
Mandatory arrest. Release pending trial may be revoked. Additional criminal or contempt charges may be filed. Class C felony if assault or reckless endangerment, otherwise Gross Misdemeanor.

Maximum duration of order
Until trial and sentencing are concluded. Post-sentencing provision lasts for possible maximum of sentence in Superior Court or two years in District or Municipal court.

Back to top

Restraining Order

Nature of Proceeding
Civil, normally in context of pending dissolution or other family law action.

Who may obtain order
Petitioner who is married to respondent or has child in common.

Superior Court only.

Cost to Petitioner
Same as dissolution. Filing fee waived if indigent.

How does the respondent receive notice
Notice served on respondent or respondent's attorney.

Respondent Consequences if order is knowingly violated
Mandatory arrest. Gross Misdemeanor. Possible criminal charges or contempt.

Maximum duration of order

  • TRO - 14 days. Preliminary injunction - pendency of action.
  • RO - in final decree-permanent unless modified.

Back to top

Anti-Harassment Order 

Nature of Proceeding
Civil, under RCW 10.14

Who may obtain order
Petitioner who has been seriously alarmed, annoyed or harassed by conduct of another person which serves no legitimate or lawful purpose. Parties generally are not married, have not lived together, and have no children in common.

District Court. limited provisions for referring cases to Superior Court. Municipal, district, or Superior for enforcement.

Cost to petitioner
Reduced filing fee waived if indigent. Service fee waived if indigent. Court provides forms.

How does the respondent receive notice
Notice served on respondent.

Respondent Consequences if order is knowingly violated
Gross Misdemeanor. Possible criminal charges or contempt.

Maximum duration of order

  • PAHO - 1 year or permanent.
  • EAHO - 14 days.

Back to top