Volunteer with us!
The ES Team is always looking for volunteers to assist in the betterment and promotion of environmental quality here in Auburn. We periodically host planting, building, beautification projects and more that occur around the city, in places such as our Auburn Environmental Park. Volunteers make many of these projects possible, and without them we would not have been able to accomplish much of the work that we have.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for Auburn's Environmental Services, email us to let us know! We will put you on a list of people to contact when one of our events is coming up, and send you all the details you need for each event.
volunteers plant saplings at Fenster Nature Park
|volunteers constructing a maintenance ramp at the AEP|
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
If volunteering with our ES team sounds great, and you're interested in setting up a longer term position with our team, you might consider applying to be an ongoing volunteer! To do so, follow these steps:
1. Email the team to give us a heads up! Let us know you will be applying for a volunteer position so we can watch for your application. Please include in your message the following information:
- your name and age
- any affiliation with relevant groups, schools or businesses in Auburn
- your preference for type of volunteer work, if any
- your environmental interests
- the time frame in which you would like to volunteer
- previous experience with environmental work, if any (not necessary, just good to know!)
2. Go to the Government Jobs page for the City of Auburn.
3. Find and click on the "Volunteer" position, listed as $0.00/hour in the Human Resources Department. Click "Apply." If you do not have one already, you will need to create an account with Government Jobs.
4. Fill out the application. When you get to the "Supplemental Questions" section under the "Questions" portion of the application, it will ask you for which department you want to volunteer. Be sure to check the "other" box, and specify that you would like to volunteer with Environmental Services in question 2 below that.
We look forward to hearing from you!