Reservations and payments for all facilities can be made by calling 253-931-3043, Monday - Friday, 6:30 AM - 9:00 PM and Saturday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, or can be made in person by visiting the Parks, Arts & Recreation office, 910 9th Street SE, during the hours listed above. Reservations are accepted according to the following policies listed below. The White River Valley Museum and Auburn Ave Theater are subject to their own reservation policies.
Facilities are intended to be used for recreation and social activities. Use of facilities for profit-generating activities requires Parks, Arts & Recreation Board/Designee approval.
Timeframe for Rental Reservations:
- Indoor Facilities: Reservations for the Les Gove Building, Veterans Memorial Building, and the Les Gove Gymnasium rentals may be made six months prior to the rental date and at least three weeks in advance. Reservations for the Senior Activity Center may be made one year prior to the rental date and at least three weeks in advance.
- Outdoor Facilities: Reservations may be made on the first working day of January in the year of the reservation.
- Two reservations per individual or organization may be on the record books at one time.
- The use, possession and/or consumption of any alcoholic beverage is not permitted. See the Senior Activity Center policies for exceptions.
- A damage deposit is required for Millennium Room, Full Facility Senior Activity Center rentals, and Special Event use of the Gymnasium.
- The person requesting the reservation must be 21 years of age and present during the event.
- Approval of a Rental Application Form (PDF) is required for any public group or person desiring to use a facility for religious or political activities and other similar activities of 200 or more participants; application also required for dances, tournaments, concessions, events open to the public, outdoor weddings and events such as theatrical, musical, dog shows, Easter Egg hunts, car shows, art shows, and the use of inflatables (insurance required).
- A $20 refundable key deposit is required for Les Gove Building rentals. There is a $50 charge if staff has to open the building.
- Reservations made 30 days or less from the rental date, or any rental with a cost of $300 or less, must be paid in full when reservation is made. Renters must pay 50% of total rental fees at the time of reservation for rentals costing more than $300. The balance and damage deposit must be paid in full 30 days prior to the rental date. Failure to make the full payment 30 days prior will be considered a cancellation of the reservation. See refund policy below.
Facility cancellations and modifications:
- Cancellations made 30 or more days prior to event date will receive a full refund of the rental fee, less a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancellations made 29 days or less prior to event date will receive a 50% refund of the rental fee, less a $10 administrative fee.
- Changes or modifications made on an existing rental are subject to a $10 administrative fee, if 29 days or less prior to the rental.
Senior Activity Center Full Facility cancellations and modifications:
- Cancellations made 30 or more days prior to rental date will receive a refund of fees paid, less a $100 administrative fee.
- Cancellations made 29 days or less prior to rental date will receive a 50% refund of the total
- Changes or modifications made on an existing rental are subject to a $10 administrative fee.
Those who reside within the Auburn Incorporated City limits are referred to as City of Auburn residents. The term non-resident refers to those who live outside the Auburn Incorporated City limits. Non-residents are charged an additional fee to offset the administrative expenses of the city operation. Auburn city limits are not the same as the school district and post office boundaries. Call us at 253-931-3043 to check your address.