The City of Auburn's homes, apartments and businesses are serviced by two solid waste haulers: Waste Management and Republic Services. Who's your solid waste hauler? Click on this map (PDF) or use the NEW Citizen Look Up Tool (residential customers only).
If you do not find the information you are looking for on the menu please call our Solid Waste Customer Care Specialist at 253-931-3038, Option #2 or email for more information.
Resident's Guide to Utility Services
Our Resident's Guide to Utility Services (PDF) brochure provides information regarding your water, sewer, storm and/or garbage services. Please take a look and call us if you have any questions at 253-931-3038.
Waste Management Residential Customers - Information for curbside service at single family residences with 1-2 units.
Republic Services Residential Customers - Information for curbside service at single family residences with 1-2 units or mobile home complexes.
Waste Management Multifamily Customers - Information specific to customers who live in apartments or mobile home complexes.
Republic Services Multifamily Customers - Information specific to customers who live in apartments.
Waste Management Business Customers - Information on business waste services.
Republic Services Business Customers - Information on business waste services.
Auburn School District
- Environmental Education
Missed Solid Waste Collection?
For all missed garbage, recycling and compostable collections, call your hauler directly within 24 hours. No credit is given for missed collections. Call your hauler and to schedule a pickup.
- Waste Management Residential, Multifamily & Business 1-800-592-9995
- Republic Services Residential 206-682-9735| Multifamily & Business 253-872-7220
View Upcoming Events
- Residential Bulky Item Collection Event
- Community Yard Sale - Registration
- King County Spring Residential Recycling Collection Event
Collection Delays Due to Weather
The solid waste haulers in Auburn are committed to providing reliable collection for all customers. However, in the event that circumstances such as unsafe roads interfere with service schedules, we appreciate customer understanding and cooperation.
Any collection delays will be posted for Waste Management customers and on the haulers website for Republic Services customers. View for more detailed information on Collection Delays.
- Waste Management & Republic Services Customers - Collection is on regular schedules.
Recycle Often. Recycle Right.
MAYBE IT'S TIME TO RETHINK RECYCLING.
- Keep up-to-date on all things recycling and waste reduction!
- Sign-up to receive news, updates and information on the "RECYCLE OFTEN. RECYCLE RIGHT" campaign.
Auburn Businesses awarded "Best Workplaces for Waste Prevention and Recycling"
Each spring, businesses throughout King County, outside of the City of Seattle, are invited to apply for recognition as a Best Workplace for Waste Prevention and Recycling. The City of Auburn local government offices and five other businesses were nominated in the 10th annual "Best Workplaces for Waste Prevention and Recycling" recognition this year.
Each of the 2016 Best Workplace businesses nominated have shown exceptional commitment to recycling and reducing the amount of waste their company sends to the landfill. Their actions help reduce the impacts of climate change and feed recycled materials back into the economy. All award winners appeared in an ad in the Puget Sound Business Journal's August 15th "Washington's Best Workplaces" issue, listing all 112 of the 2016 Best Workplaces.
Here is a list of our Auburn Best Workplaces:
- Auburn Square Apartments
- City of Auburn (Local Government)
- Lea Hill Elementary School
- Morris Shadow Mountain Stables
- Norgren GT Development Corporation
- Safeway Auburn
For more information and details on each Best Workplace profiles, visit King County's website.
City of Auburn Contacts
- Joan Nelson, Solid Waste & Recycling Supervisor / Hauler Contract Management, 253-931-5103
- Kathleen Edman, Solid Waste Customer Care Specialist / Outreach & Education, 253-931-3047