The City of Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation department operates three community gardens for lease and use each year. Planting for the 2015 gardens begins on April 4, 2015. Information about each garden is below.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for 2015 Season is
through March 8, 2015 for returning
Open registration begins on Monday, March 9, 2015. Applications for new gardeners will not be excepted before Monday, March 9, 2015. A waiting list is not kept for those seeking gardens.
|8th St Small Gardens||8th St Large Gardens||Garna Botting Jones
|Sizes available||3' x 3' Patches||10' x 20' Patches||10' x 20' Patches|
|Address||1030 8th St NE||1030 8th St NE||4th and J Streets NE|
|Fee||$5 Auburn resident
|$25 Auburn resident
|$50 Auburn resident
Note: Price includes refundable cleanup deposit
|Application||Small Garden Application (PDF)||Large Garden Application (PDF)||Garna Botting
Basic Guidelines (detailed guidelines are listed on application form which can be downloaded above):
- There is a limit of two (2) Community Gardens per applicant.
- The City will process the applications, assign the Community Gardens, provide water to the site, and work with the King County Extension Service to provide gardener information.
- The City will not be rototilling Community Gardens. Gardeners are responsible for cultivating, weeding, watering, and other care of their Community Gardens.
- We are emphasizing "green" or chemical free gardening.
- Gardeners are encouraged to donate extra produce to the Auburn Food Bank at 930 18th Pl. NE or call 253-833-8925. For assistance in picking vegetables for, or delivering them to the Auburn Food Bank, call the Auburn Youth Council at 253-804-5052.
For more information, contact the City of Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation at 253-931-3043.