Auburn's Recreation Division provides opportunities for the public to participate in diverse recreational programs and activities designed to meet the needs of the community. These programs include preschool, youth, teen, and adult leisure programs; youth, teen, and adult athletics; fitness and wellness programs; programs designed to provide social and recreational opportunities to senior citizens and those with special needs, and a host of special events suitable for the entire family and community at large.
You can view current programs and activities being offered in an online database at Auburn @ Play On-line, or download the current recreation brochure (PDF) for a listing of all classes and programs being offered this session.
The brochure is published three times a year and mailed to all households within 98002, 98092, most of 98001, and the Dieringer School District 98391 zip codes. The guides are also available at several Auburn area locations, including:
- Parks, Arts & Recreation Administration Building (910 9th St. SE)
- City Hall (25 West Main ST)
- Senior Activity Center (808 9th ST SE)
- Auburn Library (1102 Auburn Way S)
Do you have an idea for a new class? Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation is constantly seeking ideas for new courses and new instructors. To suggest a program or class idea, or to inquire about teaching a class, please call 253-931-3043 or download a Class Proposal Form (PDF).
Convenient ways to register:
- Internet: Auburn @ Play online (using your VISA/MasterCard)
Note: There is NO fee for registering online. Regular fees for activities and classes still apply.
- Phone: (VISA/MasterCard/Discover/American Express only) 253-931-3043, Monday-Friday, 6:30 AM-9:00 PM, Saturday 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.
- Printed Form: Find the registration form in our brochure or print the online Registration Form (PDF) and choose from the following options:
- Mail-in: First come, first served. Send your completed form and payment by check or credit card to Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation, 910 9th Street SE, Auburn, WA 98002
- Walk-in: Registrations are processed Monday-Friday, 6:30 AM-9:00 PM and Saturday 8:00 AM-4:00 PM at the Parks, Arts & Recreation Administration Building, 910 9th Street SE, Auburn, WA 98002
- Fax: For your convenience, fax your completed form with VISA/MasterCard/Discover/American Express information to 253-931-4005. Your registration is processed the next working day.
A summary of specific program areas are listed below.
- Pre-School Programs: Indoor Playground at the Gymnasium at Les Gove Park, Arts & Crafts classes, dance, music, pre-school sport programs and much more.
- Youth Programs: Youth dance, tumbling, gymnastics and a host of interesting and educational hands-on workshops are offered throughout the year. The Recreation Division also offers a variety of summer camp options.
- Teen Programs: Options for teens are abundant in Auburn and classes may include guitar, cooking, group outings and even some family fun options. Summer time offers a variety of camps designed specifically for teens.
- Adult Programs: Classes and programs vary with the different sessions and may include dance, Tai Chi, Yoga, Pilates, Boot Camp, art and writing classes, and other types of continuing education. We also offer various sport leagues through the year, they allow you to get active and have fun in a group and team setting.
- Senior Programs: The senior programs are for ages 50+ and designed to enhance the quality of life of senior adults in our community through social, recreational, health and wellness, educational, and nutritional services and programs.
- Specialized Recreation: The division offers a variety of programs for individuals with special needs—anyone who requires extra assistance or support, including but not limited to people with physical or developmental disabilities. People with disabilities are NOT limited to these programs.
- Special Events: The Parks, Arts & Recreation Department offers a host of special events for the community, including Petpalooza, KidsDay, 4th of July, summer outdoor concerts and movies, a summer kids stage, Veterans Day Parade, Santa Parade and many others.
- Sport Leagues: The department offers a variety of youth and adult sport leagues and many drop-in sport programs at the Les Gove Park Gymnasium.