The City of Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation Division offers various classes and programs include fitness and wellness classes, dance, community interest, arts and music, dog obedience and others. Programs vary with each new registration session and may include:
- Beginning Pilates Mat - New session starts April 3!
Controlled movements focus on stretching and strengthening the muscles in your abdomen, back, gluteals and legs.
- NEW! Yoga for Weight Loss - New session starts April 3! 7:00-8:00 PM.
Lose weight with a regular yoga practice focused on toning muscles, strengthening the core, and improving flexibility.
- Mindfulness & Meditation - New session starts March 30! 6:30-7:30 PM.
Meditation increases concentration and focus and reduces anxiety and stress. Creativity, compassion, and memory are all enhanced through a meditation practice. This class will play with different techniques to aid in your process of developing awareness and inner peace.
- Introduction to Pilates Apparatus - New session starts April 1! 9:30-10:45 AM. The apparatus class uses springs and pulleys to simultaneously lengthen and strengthen muscles, as well as improve joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Yoga - New session starts April 5!
Relieves emotional stress, tones the body, achieves balance in mind and body.
- Art and writing classes
- Knitting classes - Introductory and intermediate levels classes, learn the basics and continue to expand your knowledge base.
NEW! Pacific Ballroom Community Dance
Dance the night away! Whether you an experienced dancer or trying something completely new these community dances will provide you with an exciting night of dancing! The evening will begin with a 45 minute lesson where instructors will take you through all the steps to learn Latin dance styles. Kids activities are available during this program at the REC! Lesson begins at 6:30 PM, open dancing from 7:15-9:00 PM. Light refreshments will be available. Casual attire is acceptable. Fridays, ages 16 and up. $10/$13
Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation also offers various sport leagues through the year, allowing you to get active and have fun in a group and team setting.