The City of Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation Division offers various classes and programs include fitness and wellness classes, dance, community interest, arts and music, dog obedience and others. Programs vary with each new registration session and may include:
- NEW! Yoga for Weight Loss - Session starts January 23 at 7:00-8:00 PM. Lose weight with a regular yoga practice focused on toning muscles, strengthening the core, and improving flexibility.
- NEW! Stress Relief - Session starts February 4 at 9:00-11:00 AM. A regular yoga practice can assist with reducing stress, anxiety and tension. Learn about specific yoga poses and breathing techniques that promote relaxation and calmness.
- NEW! Mindfulness & Meditation - New session starts January 19! at 6:30-7:30 PM. Meditation increases concentration and focus and reduces anxiety and stress. Creativity, compassion, and memory are all enhanced through a meditation practice. This class will play with different techniques to aid in your process of developing awareness and inner peace.
- NEW! Parent & Tot Yoga - This is a playful and interactive class for a parent or caregiver and up to 2 children ages 2-5. Yoga builds body awareness, stimulates kid's minds and improves gross motor skills. Not only a relaxing and bonding practice for child and parent but a great way to model the importance of an active lifestyle. Try out the new single visit option!
- Yoga - New session starts November 30! - Relieves emotional stress, tones the body, achieves balance in mind and body.
- Tai Chi - Gentle on the joints and great for strength and toning. Benefits include flexibility and coordination.
- Pilates - Controlled movements focus on stretching and strengthening the muscles in your abdomen, back, gluteals and legs.
- Combative Training for Self-Defense - Three unique contemporary martial arts disciplines are included in the class: Aikido, Brazilian Ju-Jitsu and Combative Martial Arts. Defensive and non-competitive. Conditioning and stretching is built into class.
- Art and writing classes
- Knitting classes - Introductory and intermediate levels classes, learn the basics and continue to expand your knowledge base.
The division also offers various sport leagues through the year, allowing you to get active and have fun in a group and team setting.