The City of Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation Division offers various classes and programs include fitness and wellness classes, dance, community interest, arts and music, dog obedience and others. Programs vary with each new registration session and may include:
- Yoga – relieves emotional stress, tones the body, achieves balance in mind and body.
- Tai Chi – mental and physical benefits including strengthening, flexibility and coordination.
- Pilates – Controlled movements focus on stretching and strengthening the muscles in your abdomen, back, gluteals and legs.
- Boot Camp – Ideal workout for anyone wanting to experience a circuit training fitness class.
- Combative Training for Self-Defense – Basic training in three unique contemporary martial disciples, Aikido, Brazilian Ju-Jitsu and Combative Martial Arts. Training is strictly defensive and non-competitive. Conditioning and stretching is built into class.
- Art and writing classes
- Dog Obedience classes
- And several other types of continuing and community education classes and programs.
You can register for programs a variety of different ways and view current programs and activities being offered in an online database at Auburn @ Play On-line.
The division also offers various sport leagues through the year, allowing you to get active and have fun in a group and team setting.