The City of Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation Division offers various classes and programs include fitness and wellness classes, dance, community interest, arts and music, dog obedience and others. Programs vary with each new registration session and may include:
- Yoga - relieves emotional stress, tones the body, achieves balance in mind and body.
- Tai Chi - gentle on the joints and great for strength and toning. Benefits include flexibility and coordination.
- Pilates controlled movements focus on stretching and strengthening the muscles in your abdomen, back, gluteals and legs.
- Combative Training for Self-Defense - three unique contemporary martial arts disciplines are included in the class: Aikido, Brazilian Ju-Jitsu and Combative Martial Arts. Defensive and non-competitive. Conditioning and stretching is built into class.
- Art and writing classes
- Dog Obedience classes - beginning and continuing level classes for dogs and their owners.
- Home Food Preservation - hands on class to learn the basic fundamentals of preserving foods.
- And several other types of continuing and community education classes and programs.
You can register for programs a variety of different ways and view current programs and activities being offered in an online database at Auburn @ Play On-line or call 253-931-3043.
The division also offers various sport leagues through the year, allowing you to get active and have fun in a group and team setting.