Fitness Center located within the Auburn Community & Event Center910 9th Street SE, Auburn, WA 98002
With the opening of the new Auburn Community & Event Center Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation has launched an expanded fitness program that creates excellent opportunities for the Auburn community to get fit or stay active.
NEW GROUP FITNESS SCHEDULE AVAILABLE NOW!
Thank you for your feedback! If you haven't yet taken our Fitness Survey! there is still time! We appreciate your feedback on fitness classes, programs and facilities so we can best serve you. The survey takes very little time!
NEW GROUP FITNESS CLASS! For All Ages
Starts Saturday, January 21, 9:40 AM-10:25 AM. Ages 7 and up. Youth $2/person, Adults $5 daily drop-in, Seniors $4 daily drop-in or FREE with Fitness Membership.
The monthly Fitness Membership entitles members the unlimited use of the Fitness Center, full access to Fitness Pass classes, and open gym programs such as drop-in basketball, volleyball, and pickle ball.
- Adults (ages 18 and over): $30 month; $25/month with automatic monthly renewal; $5/daily fee
- Seniors (age 50+)/Teens (age 12-17): $25/month; $20/month with automatic monthly renewal; $4/daily fee. ***Teens ages 12-14 must be accompanied by an adult.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 6:30 AM - 9:00 PM and Saturday from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Cardio Equipment: 4 treadmills, 3 elliptical trainers, a free-stride machine, 2 recumbent bikes and 2 spin bikes.
Nautilus weight equipment is available for a full body workout as well as a well-equipped stretching and free-weights area.
Fitness Center orientations: Orientations are available by appointment, please call 253-931-3043 to schedule. Fitness Center attendants will provide a thorough explanation of how the equipment works, how to use it properly and can also assist participants with getting started in their fitness program.
Fitness Pass Classes (included with Fitness Membership) - NEW SCHEDULE BEGINS 1/3/17
As part of the Fitness Membership, Fitness Pass Classes are included for no additional fees.
Classes are held Monday-Friday mornings, in the evenings and on Saturday mornings.
Download full drop-in schedule (PDF).
See full class descriptions below:
- - Group Power will blast all your muscles with a high-rep weight training workout. Using an adjustable barbell, weight plates, and body weight, Group Power combines squats, lunges, presses and curls with functional integrated exercises. Dynamic music and a motivating group atmosphere will get your heart rate up, make you sweat, and push you to a personal best! POWER UP!
- - Centergy will grow you longer and stronger with an invigorating 60-minute mind-body workout. It incorporates yoga and Pilates fundamentals with athletic training for balance, mobility, flexibility and the core. Emotive music drives the experience as you breathe and sweat through this full-body fitness journey. REDEFINE YOURSELF!
- - Zumba is a Latin-inspired dance class is sure to provide an energized, exciting workout that is a whole lot of fun!
- - Silver Sneakers Circuit participants combine fun with fitness to increase cardiovascular and muscular endurance power with a standing circuit workout. Upper-body strength work with handheld weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a Silver Sneakers ball is alternated with low-impact aerobic choreography. A chair is used for standing support, stretching and relaxation exercises.
- Gentle Yoga - participants build strength while increasing balance and flexibility with the support of a chair. This class provides all the benefits of yoga with extra support and stability.
- Body Works - Move to the music with light weights for a full body strength and cardio class that gives you a total body workout. The exercises in this class will target the whole body to tone the muscles, improve balance and strength as well as endurance.
- Circuit Training - is a high energy and positive workout experience using everything from body weight and movement to circuit training, weights and other state-of-the-art equipment. Each week is a different experience and is designed for anybody at any physical level to complete the workout successfully. The goal is not to break you down, but build you up and show you just how strong and capable you really are!
- Circuit Training Advanced - Ready for a challenge? Come be a part of this energetic and exciting higher impact workout! you will experience your body growing stronger and gaining more endurance through the body movement and weight training exercises you'll be performing. You will learn something new every week through different moves and walk away feeling empowered by your accomplishments!
- Pulmonary Silver Sneakers - This class combines a classic Silver Sneakers workout with deep, yoga breathing for an adaptive workout perfect for those with pulmonary challenges or those just getting started with a fitness regimen. Classic Silver Sneakers includes easy-to-follow low-impact movements, upper body strength, abdominal conditioning that is safe, heart healthy and gentle on joints.
For All Ages- Enjoy the party that is Zumba with the whole family! This 45-minute class is open to all ages 7 and up. Move to the beat with Latin inspired dance moves for a total body workout that is all fun!
The Auburn Community & Event Center will also offer drop-in childcare (beginning September 12) for kids ages 2-7 for parents that are on-site and participating in an activity in the facility. Children must be toilet trained. Rates are $4/visit for 2 hours max per visit or you can purchase a punchcard that allows for multiple visits at a reduced fee. Drop-in childcare is offered Mondays, 9:00 AM-1:00PM & 4:15-6:45 PM, Wednesdays & Thursdays 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Tuesdays & Thursdays 4:00-8:00 PM, Wednesdays 5:15-8:00 PM. NEW! Kids' Playtime! Open playtime for kids ages 2-7 who are potty trained. $10/child up to two hours during scheduled drop-in childcare. Parents do NOT need to stay on the premises while kids participate in Kids' Playtime.