Participants can drop-in to a variety of programs scheduled throughout the year, including open gym basketball and volleyball, a teen after-school program, an indoor playground designed for ages 5 and under, family nights, and rock climbing instruction. Organized programs include futsal (an indoor soccer league), volleyball and basketball leagues, specialized recreation leagues, preschool sport classes, rock climbing classes, and birthday party packages. The facility is available for rentals and other special events.
The Gymnasium at Les Gove Park is located at 910 9th Street SE, Auburn, WA 98002
Drop in Programs
Adult Open Gym: Monday–Thursday: 11:30 AM-1:00 PM, ages 19 and over; additional times as scheduled (see daily calendar).
- Monday: Pickleball & Basketball
- Tuesday: Volleyball & Basketball
- Wednesday: Pickleball & Basketball
- Thursday: Volleyball & Basketball
If a court is not being used for its scheduled use by 12:00 PM, it is open for play of any sport.
Fees: $3 daily; $15 monthly pass; $40 quarterly pass.
Adult Open Gym: Ages 18+; Monday: 5:30-8:30 PM. Fees: $3 adult; $2 senior.
Youth & Family Open Gym: Ages 11 and under must be supervised; Friday: 5:30-8:30 PM. Fees: $3 adult; $2 senior; $1 youth.
Senior Open Gym Volleyball: Ages 50+; Tuesday & Thursday: 9:30-11:00 AM. Fees: $2 daily; $10 monthly pass; $25 quarterly pass.
Intramural Basketball Program for Teens – an afterschool program for boys and girls in grades 6-12 at the Les Gove Park Gymnasium. The Auburn School District provides transportation from the four middle schools to The Gym between 2:30 and 3:00 PM daily and back to the four middle schools at 5:00 PM daily. $1 daily drop in fee.
Indoor Playground: For ages 5 and under. Bring your child for socialization and fun! We provide balls, games, mats, riding toys, climbing toys and more in our gym. No more than three children per adult. No registration required. Parent or caregiver must provide supervision of children at all times.
Drop-in fee: $2 per child per session, $1 per additional child; 10-visit
Punch pass: $15 first child/$10 each additional child
Hours through June 19, 2014:
Monday, Wednesday & Fridays 9:30-11:00 AM
Summer Hours (June 25-August 27, 2014):
Wednesday 10:00-11:30 AM
Closed on May 26.
Organized Programs & Leagues
Parents Night Out (ages 4-11): Drop your kids off at the new PRAB Gym for an evening of games, arts & crafts, inflatable toys and sports while you enjoy a parent night out. All activities will be facilitated and supervised by trained staff who have undergone a Washington State Patrol background check. Kids in the Parents' Night Out program will have exclusive use of the gym. For ages 4-11. Fee: $16/$20 first child; $10/$12 each additional sibling. Upcoming program dates: January 18 & February 15.
Adult Sport Leagues
Leagues offered in the gymnasium includes such sports as basketball, volleyball, dodgeball and futsal.
Let’s Play Sports for Preschool Kids - These fun classes are a good way to introduce your children to sports for the first time. Check out additional youth sports offered for kids in Auburn.
Specialized recreation leagues - Youth and Teen Basketball (ages 8-21).
Birthday Party Packages
Birthday party packages are offered using the gymnasium as an activity center complete with a party host, pizza or a birthday cake, and treat bags for birthday party guests. Call 253-931-3043 for complete details, available dates and party options at the Auburn Ave. Theater. (Package prices for up to 15 kids.)
Step 1: Choose your theme:
- Climbing K-2: ($50 extra): Includes 1 hour of climbing and 1/2 hour in the party room.
- Sports & Games: Includes 1 hour of activities and 1/2 hour in the party room.
- Royal Party: Includes 1 hour of themed crafts & games and 1/2 hour in the party room.
- Teen/Tween Themes: Customized 1 1/2 hour party for your teen or tween.
- Party at the Ave Theater: Party is priced for 10 attendees; each additional person is $10. Maximum of 30 partygoers. Theater tickets with reserved seating; Up to 1 hour party time 15 min. after the show. Balloons, cups, plates, utensils, tablecloth & goody bags. Cake or pizza (your choice) and juice. Special gift for the birthday kid: 2 free tickets to a future Ave Kids performance.
Step 2 Choose Your Package:
- Good Times: Includes balloons, cups, plates, utensils, tablecloth, & goody bags. We set-up & clean-up! (Additional kids $8 each).
- Great Fun: Good Times package plus: Cake -or- pizza (your choice) & juice. (Additional kids $8 each).
- Unforgettable: Great Fun package plus: Castle bounce house & face paint. (Additional kids $8 each).
- Add-ons: Face Paint; Castle Bounce House; Additional Pizza.
Rock climbing instruction
(Call 253-931-3043 for complete details.)
- Open Climbing: All Ages 4 and over. Fees: Youth ages 4-19 are $4; Adults 20-49 are $6; Seniors 50 and over are $5.
- Youth Rocks! This 90-minute private wall rental is designed just for youth ages 12 and under. All equipment, belayers, instruction and climbing fun are provided. $12/kid. Minimum 6; Maximum 16.
- Got Belay? This 2-hour package gives your group of all ages private use of the climbing wall. All equipment, belayers, and instruction are provided. Great for parties and family fun. $15/person. Minimum 6; Maximum 16.
- Bridge the Gap: This package is designed for groups wanting to develop leadership and teambuilding skills. This program will be customized to meet your groups individual needs. Perfect for teams, clubs, workplace training, youth groups, etc. This program will be customized at time of registration. All equipment, instruction and facilitation are provided. $18/person, Minimum 6.
Looking for a location for your large event. The gymnasium will seat up to 400 people. Days and times are limited. Please call 253-931-3043 for availability. Rental space is approximately 7,000 sf.
Fees: Resident $60 hour; Non-Resident: $75 hour; Auburn non-profit $45 hour; Other non-profit $60 hour; Additional fees may apply. Additional rental information is available in the facility rental section.
About The Gym
A new 9,850 sq. ft. gymnasium was opened in October 2011 at the Les Gove Community Campus in conjunction with the King County Boys and Girls Club. The building was designed by BLRB Architects, a Tacoma based architectural firm and was built by general contractor Christensen Inc.
As part of the project, a public art piece was commissioned. The two panel 13' x 13' painted steel artwork by artist Bruce Myers is a representation of the Auburn Valley topography. Flanking each side of the climbing wall, this most recent addition to the City’s Public Art Collection, references the elevation of landscape as the climbers literally climb upward. The seating boulders surrounding the wall are a physical reminder of the natural setting in which the sport of climbing originated.
The new activity center and gymnasium complements the 21-acre recreational and educational Les Gove Community Campus that serves the entire community. The cluster of amenities includes a library, Parks and Recreation Administration Building, Senior Activity Center, White River Valley Museum, and Les Gove Multipurpose Building. The campus also includes the popular Rotary Spray Park, public art, bocce courts, horseshoe pits, a softball field and the new award-winning 32,000 sq. ft. Discovery Playground. A half-mile paved trail encircles an attractive bermed and treed lined area.