The REC Teen Center
Options for teens are abundant in Auburn and classes may include guitar, cooking, group outings and even some family fun options. Summer time offers a variety of camps designed specifically for teens. Programs and classes at the REC will vary with each new registration session:
Auburn Youth Council - Auburn's Youth Council is a leadership and service learning program for Auburn area middle and high school students. The Auburn Youth Council constantly welcomes new members. The Youth Council volunteers at local events, helps collaborate on ideas that benefit Auburn and takes on other active roles in the community. Call 253-931-3074 for details and an application.
- Check out Teen Yoga at the REC Teen Center! Registration is now open, class begins September 21. Transportation is available from all Auburn Middle Schools with completion of a bus form (PDF).
- After School Program at The REC - beginning September 6, Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation is offering the all new After School Program at The REC. This program, running 2:30-6:30 PM daily, Monday through Friday, features Arts & Crafts, the Makers Room (3D Printers, Laser Etchers and much more), technology lab (computers), REC Room – featuring two large TV screens for video games and movie, basketball and futsal (indoor soccer) and a daily snack (snack begins in late September). The Auburn School District will provide bus transportation (PDF) to the REC from each of the four middle schools. Registration contracts (PDF) must be completed to participate. Daily drop-in fee is $2. Monthly membership is available for $15/month. Annual memberships are $100/year and include Hype Night for Middle School students and Pack the Rec for High School students.
- Hype Night at The REC (for middle school students)
This Friday night program takes place the third weekend of each month, September through May at the REC Teen Center from 6:00-10:00 PM. Hype Night features arts & crafts, the Makers Room with fun technology (3D Printing, Laser Etching, etc.), the REC Room with fun video games and snacks. $2 Admission includes all activities, free with annual REC membership.
- Friday, September 16, 2016
- Friday, October 21, 2016
- Friday, November 20, 2016
- Friday, December 16, 2016
- Pack the REC (for high school students)
This Saturday night program takes place the third weekend of each month, September through May at the REC Teen Center from 7:00-11:00 PM. Pack the REC features themed nights like carnivals, poetry slams, special events and more. Pack the REC also features arts & crafts, the Makers Room with exciting new technology (3D Printing, Laser Etching, etc), the REC Room with video and games and snacks. $2 Admission includes all activities, free with annual REC membership.
- Saturday, September 17, 2016
- Saturday, October 22, 2016
- Saturday, November 19, 2016
- Saturday, December 17, 2016
- Makers Space
- Class and Programs - often includes guitar, yoga, robotics and other specialized programs.
- Theater Classes- Intermediate Acting and Theatre Company
- Mid-Winter & Spring Break Camps
The recreation division also offer various youth sport leagues throughout the year.
You can register for programs a variety of different ways and view current programs and activities being offered in an online database at Auburn @ Play On-line or call 253-931-3043.