The REC Teen Center
910 9th Street SE
Options for teens are abundant in Auburn and classes may include guitar, cooking, group outings and even some family fun options. Summer time offers a variety of camps designed specifically for teens. Programs and classes at the REC will vary with each new registration session:
Auburn Youth Council - Auburn's Youth Council is a leadership and service learning program for Auburn area middle and high school students. The Auburn Youth Council constantly welcomes new members. The Youth Council volunteers at local events, helps collaborate on ideas that benefit Auburn and takes on other active roles in the community. Call 253-804-5052 for details and an application.
- Late Night - Offered on various Saturdays during the school year. This free program is from 6:00-11:00 PM and includes a teen lounge, karaoke and music, arts & crafts, swimming, food, basketball and football, and much more. Designed for grades 6-12, an Auburn Student ID card is required for entry.
- Afterschool Basketball Program
- Makers Space
- Class and Programs - often includes, guitar, babysitter training, and other specialized programs.
- Teen Snowboard Ski the Summit (seasonal)
- Mid-Winter & Spring Break Camps
- Summer Camps for Teens
The division also offer various youth sport leagues throughout the year.
You can register for programs a variety of different ways and view current programs and activities being offered in an online database at Auburn @ Play On-line or call 253-931-3043.