Options for teens are abundant in Auburn and classes may include guitar, cooking, group outings and even some family fun options. Summer time offers a variety of camps designed specifically for teens. Programs and classes vary with each new registration session:
- Afterschool Basketball Program – A program for boys and girls in grades 6-12 at the Les Gove Park Gymnasium. The Auburn School District provides transportation from the four middle schools to The Gym between 2:30 and 3:00 PM daily and back to the four middle schools at 5:00 PM daily.
Informational Flyer (PDF) | Registration (PDF) | Transportation Form (PDF) | Concussion Form (PDF)
Auburn Youth Council - Auburn's Youth Council is a leadership and service learning program for Auburn area middle and high school students. The Auburn Youth Council constantly welcomes new members. The Youth Council volunteers at local events, helps collaborate on ideas that benefit Auburn and takes on other active roles in the community. Call 253-804-5052 for details and an application.
- Late Night – Offered on various Saturdays during the school year at either Auburn Riverside High School or Auburn High School. This free program is from 6:00-11:00 PM and includes a teen lounge, karaoke and music, arts & crafts, swimming, food, basketball and football, and much more. Designed for grades 6-12, an Auburn Student ID card is required for entry.
April 18 (Auburn HS), May 9 (Auburn Riverside HS), May 16 (Auburn HS)
Late Night Contract (PDF) - must be signed by participant for entrance to Late Night.
- Class and Programs – often includes, guitar, babysitter training, and other specialized programs.
- Teen Snowboard Ski the Summit (seasonal)
- Mid-Winter & Spring Break Camps
- Summer Camps for Teens
You can register for programs a variety of different ways and view current programs and activities being offered in an online database at Auburn @ Play On-line.
The division also offer various youth sport leagues throughout the year.