The REC Teen Center
Options for teens are abundant in Auburn and classes may include guitar, cooking, group outings and even some family fun options. Summer time offers a variety of camps designed specifically for teens. Programs and classes at the REC will vary with each new registration session:
Auburn Youth Council
Auburn's Youth Council is a leadership and service learning program for Auburn area middle and high school students. The Auburn Youth Council constantly welcomes new members. The Youth Council volunteers at local events, helps collaborate on ideas that benefit Auburn and takes on other active roles in the community. Call 253-931-3074 for details and an application.
Registration is now OPEN for Summer Camps!
Don't miss the fun & the early bird discounts! There's something for everyone!
- TNT-Teens & Trips- Entering Grades 7-12
- Trips Everyday!
- Movin' On Up- Entering grades 5-6
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday- field trips all day!
- Tuesday, Thursday- Arts & Crafts, Sports & Games, Mini Field Trips, Rock Climbing & Maker Space
- Adventure Camp- Ages 10-16
- Step up the adventure with Rock Climbing, White Water Rafting, Paddle Boarding, Zip-Line & More!
- Girls On the Edge- Ages 12-1
- Three days of backpacking on the Washington Coast just for girls!
- Lion King Jr. Theater Camp- Ages 7-15
- Learn all you need to do to prepare and perform the full production of Lion King Jr.!
For more information, specific weekly schedules and to register visit www.auburnwa.gov/camps
After School Program at The RECAfter School Program at The REC running from 2:30-6:30 PM daily, Monday through Friday, features Arts & Crafts, the Makers Room (3D Printers, Laser Etchers and much more), technology lab, REC Room – featuring two large TV screens for video games and movie, basketball and futsal (indoor soccer) and a daily snack. The Auburn School District will provide bus transportation (PDF) to the REC from each of the four middle schools. Registration contracts (PDF) must be completed to participate. Daily drop-in fee is $2. Monthly membership is available for $15/month. Annual memberships are $100/year and include Hype Night for Middle School students and Pack the Rec for High School students.
Hype Night at The REC - NOW for MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL!
This Friday night program takes place the third weekend of each month, September through May at the REC Teen Center from 6:00-10:00 PM. $2 Admission includes all activities, free with monthly or annual REC membership.
- Friday, 19, 2017
- Outdoor Inflatables! | Rock Wall- Weather Permitting | BBQ| Selfie Station
- Friday, 19, 2017
- Makers Space - schedule and class offerings change frequently! Watch for exciting new programs!
- Class and Programs - often includes beginning & intermediate guitar (new classes begin March 23!), teen yoga (new class begins May 10), robotics and other specialized programs.
- Theater Classes - Disney The Lion King: Movement & Ensemble
The recreation division also offer various youth sport leagues throughout the year.
You can register for programs a variety of different ways and view current programs and activities being offered in an online database at Auburn @ Play On-line or call 253-931-3043.