Youth dance, horsemanship, legos, gymnastics and a host of interesting and educational hands-on workshops are offered throughout the year. The Recreation Division also offers an affordable Around the Bell before and after school care program. Summer time offers a variety of camp options. Programs and classes vary with each new registration session:
- Class and Programs
- Workshops - typically centered around different season and holidays.
- Youth Sport Leagues
- Around the Bell - Auburn's Before and After-School Care Program serves Lea Hill and Hazelwood students on-site at Lea Hill. Dick Scobee, Evergreen Heights, Ilalko, Terminal Park and Washington students are transported to our Washington Elementary Site. We serve grades 1-5. We open at 7:00 AM and close at 6:00 PM. Five day and Three day options available. Registration for the current year is underway, and registration for the 2013-2014 school year is now open. Reserve your spot today with a $50 registration fee. Call 253-931-3043 for specific details.
- Summer Camps
You can register for programs a variety of different ways and view current programs and activities being offered in an online database at Auburn @ Play On-line.
Additionally, the Parks, Arts & Recreation Division offers fantastic Birthday Party Packages using the Les Gove Park Gymnasium as an activity center complete with a party host, pizza or a birthday cake, and treat bags for birthday party guests. Call 253-931-3043 for complete details, available dates and party options at the Auburn Ave. Theater. (Package prices for up to 15 kids).
Step 1: Choose your theme:
- Climbing K-2 ($30 extra): Includes 1 hour of climbing and 1/2 hour in the party room.
- Sports & Games: Includes 1 hour of activities and 1/2 hour in the party room.
- Royal Party: Includes 1 hour of themed crafts & games and 1/2 hour in the party room.
- Teen/Tween Themes: Customized 1 1/2 hour party for your teen or tween.
- Party at the Ave Theater: $130. Party is priced for 10 attendees; each additional person is $10. Maximum of 30 partygoers. Theater tickets with reserved seating; Up to 1 hour party time 15 min. after the show. Balloons, cups, plates, utensils, tablecloth & goody bags. Cake or pizza (your choice) and juice. Special gift for the birthday kid: 2 free tickets to a future Ave Kids performance.
Step 2: Choose Your Package
- Good Times $125: Includes balloons, cups, plates, utensils, tablecloth, & goody bags. We set-up & clean-up! (Additional kids $5 each).
- Great Fun $150: Good Times package plus: Cake -or- pizza (your choice) & juice. (Additional kids $8 each).
- Unforgettable $200: Great Fun package plus: Castle bounce house & face paint. (Additional kids $8 each).
- Add-ones: Face Paint $25; Castle Bounce House $60; Additional Pizza $8/each.