The senior center offers a variety of social and recreational activities. Check out our monthly calendar of events for days and times.
- Games: Mah Jongg. Scrabble, Bingo, Mexican Train Dominoes, Pool
- Cards: Contract Bridge, Pinochle
- Entertainment: Book Club, Movies, Wii Bowling, Computer Lab
- Sports: Volleyball, Pickleball, & Golf
- Fitness: Hikes, Walks, Kayaking, Snow Shoeing
- Food: Lunch, Supper Club, Monthly Birthday and Anniversary Celebrations
Trips & Tours
The Senior Activity Center offers lunch and dinner excursions, short one-day trips which normally require walking, bus tours and overnight and extended travel opportunities. Join us on one of our fun-filled adventures! For current trips, check out Auburn @ Play
- Leisurely Lunch
- Dining Connoisseurs
- Day Van Trips
- One Day Bus Tours: Bus tours are usually one-day trips on a chartered bus. You will enjoy a day with other seniors throughout the area. These tours can take you as far north as Canada and as far south as Vancouver. You can count on being treated like royalty.
- Overnight and Extended Travel: These trips are usually 2-3 days and up to 10 days depending on our destination. We offer travel opportunities near and far. Join us as we explore the world.
Senior Center classes for all ages at the Senior Center. The list below is a sample of what's available. Full class schedules are available in the bi-monthly Senior Center brochure available for pick-up at the Senior Center or by mail with a subscription or click on the Brochure PDF.
Classes with **GU** "Generations Unite" notation provide a limited number of classes open to all adults. Benefits to those under age 50 are an opportunity to take a day time class at the Senior Center and/or a chance to join a parent or grandparent in a class; while the reverse is true for persons over age 50 who might like to take an evening class or a class with younger friends or relatives. Registration for those under age 50 will take place at the Parks Department. Those over 50 and under age 50 returning students may register at the Senior Center or at the Parks Department at City Hall.
The list below is a sample of what's available. Full class schedules are available in the bi-monthly Senior Center brochure available online, for pick-up at the Senior Center or by mail with a subscription.
- AARP Driver Safety - This nationally acclaimed course provides senior-aged drivers an opportunity to learn how to drive more efficiently and safely.
- Contemporary Concerns - Discuss today’s political concerns and problems.
- Swedish – Conversational - Join us for Conversational Swedish. Some knowledge of the language is required.
- Oil painting - Discover the joy of oil painting. This class is open to all levels.
- Water color **GU** - Enjoy a relaxed, friendly, comfortably structured class open to all levels of ability.
- Creative Writing **GU** - This is the class for you. Included are tips and tricks (from method-award-winning-author-teacher-speaker) used to sell 100+ books in 20 years. There will be short in-class and homework assignments, discussions, sharing, what’s hot, what’s not, etc.
- Living a Healthy Life With Chronic Conditions - This 6-week course is designed to help individuals with chronic conditions cope with pain, depression, life style changes, medications, and to learn patient advocacy.
- Coffee hour with the Mayor and/or Council members - The Auburn Community is growing and changing daily. To help keep you up-to-date and informed of issues, join us at a monthly coffee hour.
- Enhance fitness - An exercise program for seniors designed to improve physical conditioning levels.
- Line dancing **GU** - Learn the hottest new line dances while getting lots of exercise. Beginners welcome.
- Tai Chi - Introduction **GU** - People are discovering centuries-old Tai Chi as a daily prescription for health. With regular practice, students enjoy both mental and physical benefits including flexibility, strengthening, and coordination. We devote the first half hour to gentle exercises and the practice of individual movements. After a short break the second half hour is devoted to gradually learning new movements.
- Tai Chi - Intermediate **GU** - People are discovering centuries-old Tai Chi as a daily prescription for health.
- Yoga - Parks, Arts, and Recreation have a couple different Yoga classes in the evening. Day classes will be added if enough interest.
- Dance - Parks, Arts, and Recreation offers a variety of dance classes in the evenings.