The senior center offers a variety of social and recreational activities. Check out our monthly calendar of events (PDF) for days and times.
- Games: Mah Jongg. Scrabble, Bingo, Mexican Train Dominoes, Pool
- Cards: Contract Bridge, Pinochle
- Entertainment: Book Club, Movies, Wii Bowling, Computer Lab
- Sports: Volleyball, Pickleball, & Golf
- Fitness: Hikes, Walks, Kayaking, Snow Shoeing
- Food: Lunch, Supper Club, Monthly Birthday and Anniversary Celebrations
Trips & Tours
The Senior Activity Center offers lunch and dinner excursions, short one-day trips which normally require walking, bus tours and overnight and extended travel opportunities. Join us on one of our fun-filled adventures! For current trips, check out Auburn @ Play.
- Dine outs
- Day Van Trips
- One Day Bus Tours: Bus tours are usually one-day trips on a chartered bus. You will enjoy a day with other seniors throughout the area. These tours can take you as far north as Canada and as far south as Vancouver. You can count on being treated like royalty.
- Overnight and Extended Travel: These trips are usually 2-3 days and up to 10 days depending on our destination. We offer travel opportunities near and far. Join us as we explore the world.
- Upcoming Overnight Trips:
Seahawks vs 49ers October 20-23, 2015 (PDF)
Southern Charm April 2-8, 2016
Senior Center classes for all ages at the Senior Center. The list below is a sample of what's available. Full class schedules are available in the bi-monthly Senior Center brochure available for pick-up at the Senior Center, by mail with a subscription, or view the Senior Center brochure (PDF).
- AARP Driver Safety - This nationally acclaimed course provides senior-aged drivers an opportunity to learn how to drive more efficiently and safely.
- Spanish Study Group - This group is meant for individuals who are interested in enhancing their language skills. Open to serious Spanish enthusiast who speak at an intermediate level.
- Water color - Enjoy a relaxed, friendly, comfortably structured class open to all levels of ability.
- Acrylic Painting - Learn the basics of this very versatile medium, so you are able to create beautiful artwork
- Coffee hour with the Mayor and/or Council members - The Auburn Community is growing and changing daily. To help keep you up-to-date and informed of issues, join us at a monthly coffee hour.
- Silver Sneakers - The Auburn Senior Activity Center is now eligible to be a Silver Sneakers site. This gives adults 65+ on Medicare with the following supplemental health plans AARP Medicare Complete by United Healthcare, Asuris NW Health, Group Health, Health Alliance Medicare, Humana, Premera Blue Cross, Providence Health Plan, Regence Blue Shield of Washington and Soundpath Health; access to the following classes at the Senior Center for no cost. Silver Sneakers classes are available to all people 50+ for a fee.
- Line dancing - Learn the hottest new line dances while getting lots of exercise. Beginners welcome.
- Tai Chi - Introduction - People are discovering centuries-old Tai Chi as a daily prescription for health. With regular practice, students enjoy both mental and physical benefits including flexibility, strengthening, and coordination. We devote the first half hour to gentle exercises and the practice of individual movements. After a short break the second half hour is devoted to gradually learning new movements.
- Tai Chi - Intermediate - People are discovering centuries-old Tai Chi as a daily prescription for health.
- Yoga - Parks, Arts, and Recreation have a couple different Yoga classes in the evening. Day classes will be added if there is enough interest.