Senior Brochure (PDF) - First day of the month Registration Procedures
- Walk in and telephone registrations begin at 8:30 AM First-Come, First-Served Number system begins at 8:00 AM
- You may register yourself and two others for any activity, class, trip, special event, etc. Please see Hike/Walk page of the brochure for exceptions.
- The number system will be used for all walk-in and telephone registrations.
- Walk-in registrants may leave completed form with attached number and check, or credit card information or they may wait until their numbers are called and pay with cash as well.
- Telephone registrations will be assigned a number in the order in which the call is received beginning at 8:30.
- Registrants need to be patient; the number of registrations is unusually heavy on the first registration day of the month in which the bi-monthly brochure is released.
Convenient ways to register for classes and programs
- Internet: Auburn @ Play online (using your VISA/MasterCard) with our online registration! There is no additional fee for registering online.
- In Person: In person registrations will be processed Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm at the Senior Activity Center except on the first working day of the month. On the first working day of the month the Center assigns registration numbers on site beginning at 8:00 AM to process registrations.
- Phone: (VISA/MasterCard only) 253-931-3016 Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Mail In: Registration will be processed after noon on the first working day of the month or the day received thereafter.
Please note payment must be made when registering in person, by telephone, or by mail. Cash, check, VISA and MasterCard accepted.
Refund/Credit Policies for Trips and Classes
Following are summaries of refund/credit policies adopted by the Park Board. These policies will be in effect when participants cancel trips, hikes or classes. See Senior Center Supervisor with questions regarding refunds and credit policies.
- Canceled Program
If a program is canceled by the Parks and Recreation Department, the registrant will receive a full refund or credit on account
- Prior to Start of Program
- For activities with a fee of more than $5, a $5 administrative fee will be charged if the person wants a refund check sent to him/her.
- For activities with a fee of less than $5.00, credit will be placed on the individual’s account for use toward the cost of a future activity.
- There will be no administrative fee charged for credits left on account, nor for credits transferred to another activity.
- After Start of Program
Refund requests made due to illness or injury, must be made in writing and may be granted on a prorated basis when possible. Senior Center Supervisor must approve requests.
- Satisfaction Guarantee
If a participant is not satisfied with a class scheduled to meet four (4) times or more, he/she may, in writing, identify his/her concerns and request one of the following:
- Repeat class at no additional cost.
- Receive credit that may be applied to another activity.
- Receive a refund with no administrative charge.
The written request must be received before third scheduled session of the activity and must be approved by Senior Center Supervisor. This policy applies to all programs, except trips and tours, outdoor programs, and all adult and youth team sports leagues.