The Auburn Senior Activity Center offers a variety of health services, including:
Auburn Senior Wellness Team
- Annual Wellness Fair
Blood Pressure Clinic
- Monthly Self Care Group
- Monthly talks with a local Physical Therapist
- Monthly talks with retired Doctor
- Provided by: Karen Poppleton
- Making appointments: We are now booking foot care appointments for four months at a time, the current month and the following three months. You may call the Center to book or book with the foot care technician at time of service.
- Fee: Regular client fee: $27 Scholarships are available, please see Karen for an application.
Auburn Respite Care Program
This is adult day care, and serves clients on 2nd and 4th Tuesday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM and 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Fridays at the Senior Activity Center. The Respite Program allows caregivers to enjoy a worry-free day off while the participant enjoys socialization, companionship, and lunch.
Call Sheila Pankratz, 253-875-9163 for more information.
Volunteers are always needed.
Need a walker, cane, wheelchair or crutches for a short time? Check at the Senior Center, we have some to lend.
Senior Savers Pantry
Shop for low-cost foods on these two days per month. If you are new to the Pantry scene, you should know that we purchase foods in bulk or quantity at low prices and re-package them into individual sizes , passing the savings on to you. A wide variety of items are available like cereals, grains, cheeses, spices, raisins, juice, and soup.
You can order ahead and save time by completing a form at the current pantry and your order will await you the following month.
Call the Senior Center at 253-931-3016 for a pantry schedule.