The Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation Department offers various seasonal sport leagues and sport lessons for adults. Leagues are perfect for a group of friends, neighbors, coworkers, or family members. A summary of each activity is included below. To check out the current season league offerings, visit Auburn @ Play On-line or check out the summary listing of Adult Sport Leagues (PDF). All league fees include Washington State Sales Tax.
For more information call 253-931-3043 or email Sports Leagues at Auburn.
Basketball: The City of Auburn's Parks, Arts & Recreation Department offers adult basketball leagues for a variety of ability levels. Monday is competitive league and Tuesday is Recreational league.
In the spring, summer and fall we offer 4-on-4 full-court basketball without officials. View 4-on-4 Rules (PDF). In the winter, we offer 5-on-5 with officials. View 5-on-5 Rules (PDF).
Current league standings, schedules, and scores
- Spring League - 4-on-4 full court. Each team plays 10 games. No officials, standings or playoffs. Team Fee is $175 payable by March 12. Games start March 30.
- Summer League - 4-on-4 full court. Each team plays 10 games. No officials, standings or playoffs. Team Fee is $175 payable by May 27. Games start June 8.
- Fall League - 4-on-4 full court. Each team plays 10 games. No officials, standings or playoffs. Team Fee is $175 payable by September 9. Games start September 28.
- Winter League - 5-on-5 full court. Each team plays 10 games. Officials, standings and playoffs. Team Fee is $650 payable by November 25. Games start January 13.
Flag Football League: Six players per side play on a modified field with an intermediate-size football. Teams play two games a day for a total of eight league games with division leaders advancing to the end of season playoffs. Three levels of play will be offered at all tournaments and leagues and may be combined if deemed necessary.
- Polar Bear Tournament - Round robin format for first two games, third game seeds all teams into a single elimination playoff bracket. Team Fee is $300 payable by January 7. Games start January 23.
- Winter League Three levels of play will be offered at all tournaments and leagues and may be combined if deemed necessary. Team Fee is $650 payable by January 28. Games start February 15.
- Spring League Eight league games, two games a day. Team Fee is $650 payable by March 25. Games start April 12.
- Turf Burn Tournament Round robin format for first two games, third game seeds all teams into a single elimination playoff bracket. Team Fee is $300 payable by August 12. Games start August 29.
- Fall League Eight league games, one game a day. Team Fee is $650 payable by August 19. Games start September 13.
Futsal (Indoor Soccer): Futsal is 5-on-5, co-ed, indoor soccer played on a basketball-sized court. This is an unofficiated league no awards, standings or playoffs. Field players must be 2 male & 2 female, goalie can be of either gender. Team Fee is $175 payable by November 4. Games start November 18.
Dodge Ball: Can you dodge, duck, dive, dip and dodge? Come on out and relive that great childhood game. Each team will play 8 matches.
- Winter League Team Fee is $195 payable by January 16. Games start January 21.
- Fall League Team Fee is $195 payable by August 26. Games start September 9.
Softball: Adult regular season softball registration starts in January and continues until mid-February. League play starts the 3rd week of April. We will continue through mid-June with playoffs finishing in late June or early July, depending on weather. Extended season softball registration starts in March and ends in early June. That season will begin in mid-July and run through August with playoffs continuing into September.
Softball League Rules (PDF) | Current League Standings, Schedules, and Scores | 2013 bat rule changes (PDF)
- Spring League (14 games) Team Fee is $955 for Men's (except Sunday league, 12 games, is $820) and Women's Leagues & $975 for Coed Leagues payable by March 11. Games start April 12.
- Summer League (12 games) Team Fee is $820 for Men's and Women's Leagues & $840 for Coed Leagues payable by June 10. Games start July 12.
Tennis Lessons: Tennis lessons are offered for beginner (Auburn Riverside High School) and intermediate (Game Farm Park) players from June through August. Registrants are required to supply their own tennis racket and one can of tennis balls. Lessons are at the tennis courts at Auburn Riverside High School or Game Farm Park.