The Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation Department offers various seasonal sport leagues and sport lessons for adults. Leagues are perfect for a group of friends, neighbors, coworkers, or family members. A summary of each activity is included below. To check out the current season league offerings, visit Auburn @ Play On-line or check out the summary listing of Adult Sport Leagues (PDF).
For more information call 253-931-3043 or email Sports Leagues at Auburn.
Basketball: The City of Auburn's Parks, Arts
& Recreation Department offers adult basketball leagues for a
variety of ability levels. Monday is competitive league and
Tuesday is Recreational league.
In the spring, summer and fall we offer 4-on-4 full-court basketball without officials. View 4-on-4 Rules (PDF).
- Spring League - 4-on-4 full court. Each team plays 10 games. No officials, standings or playoffs. Team Fee is $175 payable by March 9. Games start March 29.
- Summer League - 4-on-4 full court. Each team plays 10 games. No officials, standings or playoffs. Team Fee is $175 payable by May 25. Games start June 7.
- Fall League - 4-on-4 full court. Each team plays 10 games. No officials, standings or playoffs. Team Fee is $175 payable by September 7. Games start September 27.
- Winter League - 4-on-4 full court. Each team plays 10 games. No officials, standings and playoffs. Team Fee is $175 payable by November 25. Games start January 12.
Flag Football League: Six players per side play on a modified field with an intermediate-size football. Teams play two games a day for a total of eight league games with division leaders advancing to the end of season playoffs. Three levels of play will be offered at all tournaments and leagues and may be combined if deemed necessary.
- Polar Bear Tournament - Round robin format for first two games, third game seeds all teams into a single elimination playoff bracket. Team Fee is $300 payable by January 7. Games start January 29-31.
- Winter League - Three levels of play will be offered at all tournaments and leagues and may be combined if deemed necessary. Team Fee is $650 payable by February 10. Games start February 21.
- Spring League - Eight league games, two games a day. Team Fee is $650 payable by March 30. Games start April 10.
- Turf Burn Tournament - Round robin format for first two games, third game seeds all teams into a single elimination playoff bracket. Team Fee is $300 payable by August 10. Games start August 27.
- Fall League - Eight league games, one game a day. Team Fee is $650 payable by August 24. Games start September 11.
Futsal (Indoor Soccer): Futsal is 5-on-5, co-ed, indoor soccer played on a basketball-sized court. This is an unofficiated league no awards, standings or playoffs. Field players must be 2 male & 2 female, goalie can be of either gender. Team Fee is $175 payable by November 4. Games start November 18.
Dodge Ball: Can you dodge, duck, dive, dip and dodge? Come on out and relive that great childhood game. Each team will play 8 matches.
- Winter League Team Fee is $195 payable by January 13. Games start January 20.
Golf: Beginning & Intermediate group golf instruction includes golf rules, etiquette, and physical skills for ages 16 and over.
This is a co-ed call-your-own league without umpires, trophies or playoffs. A score keeper will be assigned to each game. Teams will play 10 games. Age 18 and over. Five roster forms must be turned in by the registration deadline for this registration to be accepted. This will be 5x5x5 league. Three teams will be playing on each field at one time. Team 1 will have a pitcher, 1st base, 2nd base, short stop & 3rd base players; Team 2 will have a catcher, left field, left-center field, right-center field and right fielder. Team 3 will up to bat. After 3 outs teams will rotate from up to bat to infield, infield to outfield and outfield to up to bat. Maximum of 10 player per team, minimum of two female players for each set of 5 in the field of play. No new inning after 50 minutes. $200, $25 discount if paid in full by March 30. This league will be on Monday nights at Game Farm Park. We will offer spring and summer leagues.
Softball: Adult regular season softball
registration starts in January and continues until mid-February.
League play starts the 3rd week of April. We will continue
through mid-June with playoffs finishing in late June or early
July, depending on weather. Extended season softball registration
starts in March and ends in early June. That season will begin in
mid-July and run through August with playoffs continuing into
Softball League Rules (PDF) | Current League Standings, Schedules, and Scores | 2015 Bat Rule Changes (PDF)
- Spring League (14 games) Team Fee is $955 for Men's Thursday league (except Sunday league, 12 games, is $820) and Women's Leagues and $975 for co-ed Leagues, payable by March 9. Games start April 10.
- Summer League (12 games) Team Fee is $820 for Men's (Thursday or Sunday) Leagues and $840 for co-ed Leagues payable by June 8. Games start July 10.
Tennis Lessons: Tennis lessons are offered for beginner (Auburn Riverside High School) and intermediate (Game Farm Park) players from June through August. Registrants are required to supply their own tennis racket and one can of tennis balls. Lessons are at the tennis courts at Auburn Riverside High School or Game Farm Park.