The Auburn Senior Activity Center enhances the quality of life of senior adults in the Auburn community through social, recreational, health and wellness, educational, and nutritional services and programs.
The Center serves individuals age 50 and over for a variety of activities and social needs described below:
- Recreational opportunities include hiking and nature walks, snowshoeing, dance and exercise classes, travel options, volleyball, and drop-in play in the pool room.
- The Senior Activity Center hosts a variety of special events and luncheon celebrations. There is a daily lunch program, a monthly supper club, and a monthly coffee hour with the Mayor and Auburn City Councilmembers.
- A food pantry is offered twice a month and provides access to a wide variety of items such as cereals, grains, cheeses, spices, raisins, juice and soup at bulk discount prices.
- Educational and learning opportunities are offered through book club, computer classes, driver’s safety, Spanish classes, and art and creative writing classes.
- A variety of health and wellness programs are offered each session, including foot care, blood pressure clinics, massage, and health and wellness coaching.
- On-going social time at the center includes games such as Mah Jongg, Scrabble, Bingo, dominoes, Pinochle, Contract Bridge, and puzzles as well as a coffee bar and movie days.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Extended evenings offered Monday-Wednesday from 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Address: 808 Ninth Street SE, Auburn, WA 98002
Stop by or call for the Center at 253-931-3016 to learn what volunteer opportunities are available. Volunteers are key to our success. Submit an on-line Volunteer Application.