Last item for navigation

Distribution of Information Required

The Auburn City Code outlines a Rental Policy within City limits. One requirement is that landlords provide this informational packet, Renting in Auburn (PDF), to all tenants. This packet provides information regarding tenants' rights and responsibilities. 

Voter Registration

If you have moved, make sure you update your address to receive your mail-in ballot. If you're not registered to vote yet, you can also take care of that online. Visit the Washington Secretary of State website for this voting information. 


Landlords are required to provide the Notice of Tenant Resources (PDF) when serving notice to a tenant. 

2-1-1 is the most up-to-date source of social service referrals. They are accessible online at or by phone at 211.

Solid Ground is a local organization that provides help to families and individuals working to maintain permanent and reliable rental housing. You can look over the information available on their website at or call their hotline Mondays and Thursdays from 10:30 AM-1:30 PM, 206-694-6767.

Financial Assistance

The City of Auburn Human Services Division provides funding to local organizations to provide services to Auburn residents.  Availability of funding is dependent on numerous factors and the City cannot guarantee funds will be available at the time of inquiry. For the most up to date information about availability, please call 2-1-1.
The City provides funding to the following programs for financial assistance to Auburn residents:

  • Catholic Community Services: Questions? Call the hotline for Auburn residents, Fridays from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM at 253-850-2523.
  • St. Vincent De Paul: can be reached via phone at 253-833-2546.
  • Multi-Service Center: Currently, rental assistance is only available for those unable to pay due to COVID-19 impacts.
  • Auburn Food Bank:  Applicants must be Auburn residents. For rental assistance, the applicant must have proof of past due rent showing the amount due. For utilities assistance, proof of a "pay now" notice is required (please ask for assistance before having utilities shut off). Applicant can call 253-833-8925, 2-1-1 or send an email to the Food Bank
  • Housing Stability Project through Solid Ground: Program must be accessed by calling 2-1-1. Applicants are eligible if: they are an Auburn resident, have income below 50% AMI, a minimum income of 1.5 times their rent and proof of rental costs. Please call 2-1-1 to confirm your eligibility and apply for this assistance. 

Tenant Rights and Legal Resources

  • Tenant Rights: Hotline through the Tenants Union at 206-723-0500. Tenant Counselors offer information and tools to help renters solve housing problems. 
  • Attorney General Mobile Home Dispute Resolution:
    866-924-6458. Assistance for owners of mobile homes and
    manufactured housing to resolve disputes with landlords
  • Dispute Resolution Centers: King County: 206-443-9603, Pierce County: 253-572-3657. Trained mediators can assist tenants and landlords in resolving conflicts.
  • Washington LawHelp: Online self-help legal information for renters, including detailed packets on repairs, deposits, Small Claims Court, and the eviction process.
  • Housing Justice Project (King County): 206-267-7090. Walk-in legal information and assistance. Priority service for renters facing evictions. Open Monday – Friday, 8:00–10:30 AM in the King County Courthouse in Seattle and Kent Regional Justice Center. Seattle location also open Monday, 4:00–5:00 PM.
  • Tacoma-Pierce County Housing Justice Project: 253-572-5134. Provides legal advice, representation, negotiations and mediation for low-income tenants in Pierce County facing eviction or experiencing other landlord-tenant issues.
  • Tenant Law Center: 206-324-6890. Legal advice for King County
    renters with low incomes facing eviction, repair problems, deposit loss, subsidy termination, lockouts and other issues.
  • Northwest Justice Project: 206-464-1519. Legal help for tenants
    in public housing/Section 8 voucher holders facing subsidy
    termination or eviction.
  • Neighborhood Legal Clinics: 206-267-7070. Located across King County, their attorneys can provide a free half hour of legal advice to renters, regardless of income. Intake hours: Tuesday – Thursday, 9:00 AM – noon.
  • CLEAR Line Legal Help: 888-201-1014. Free legal assistance for Washington state residents with low incomes. Open Monday– Friday, 9:15 AM – 12:15 PM.
  • CLEAR* Senior Legal Help: 888-387-7111. Free legal help and
    assistance for persons over 60 years of age of all income levels.
    Message line opens at 9:15 AM and closes when full.

Healthy Housing Standards

  • The City of Auburn Code Compliance Division regulates healthy housing standards within the City of Auburn. For more information call 253-931-3020, option 4 or email them.